Lighten Up Georgia is a FREE team-based community weight-loss challenge conducted by Athens Regional and sponsored by local businesses and organizations.
Lighten Up Georgia.com provides you with the online resources to help you to be successful.
Lighten Up Georgia is about more than losing inches and pounds; it’s about living a healthier life. And when you join as a team, studies have proven that you have better results. Here you’ll find all the resources you need to be successful, but it’s up to you to make the commitment.
A New Challenge Begins May 20 – September 6, 2013!
Lighten Up Georgia is here to help you lose weight and feel great!
- If you were already registered for previous sessions, you are automatically enrolled into the new session. You do not have to register again as long as you remain on the same team or are if you were already registered as an individual.
- You will begin entering your weight for this competition on Monday May 20 at Submit Your Weight and continue to enter your weight every Monday
through September 6, 2013.
And to those of you who are new participants, welcome!
- If you just signed up Learn How to Lighten Up.
- You’ll also find healthy recipes and eating tips at Eat Healthy as well as exercise tips and videos at Be Active to help get you started.
- You will begin entering your weight for the first time on May 20 using your email address as your unique Id for the program at Submit Your Weight and continue to enter your weight every Monday through September 6, 2013.
Every 16 weeks the team with the greatest percentage of weight-loss will win prizes.
So which team will win? We’ll announce the winning team who has lost the greatest percentage of weight for this16 week session along with the top 10 teams on Lighten Up Georgia Team Standings Page.
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate in the Lighten Up Georgia Challenge! All you need is a strong commitment to improving your healthy through exercise, balanced nutrition and healthy lifestyle changes and three other people to join you in a four-person team.
Remember, it’s not just about losing weight; it’s about leading a healthier lifestyle.
Follow these simple instructions to join the Lighten Up Georgia Challenge:
- Join as a team with three of your coworkers, friends and/or family.
While registering, you will be asked to submit your name, a team name, the company or organization (If applicable) you are affiliated with and your e-mail address and phone number. There is no limit to the number of teams that can join from any organization.
- Join as an individual (Not eligible for prizes – remember studies have shown that people are more likely to stick with healthy habits if they have the support and motivation of friends and family)
That’s it! You’re on your way to losing weight and feeling great.
You’ll now begin to receive the Lighten Up Georgia e-Newsletter every two weeks which will contain helpful resources, recipes, tips and much more to help you lose weight and win!
The Lighten Up Georgia Challenge website gives you resources to be successful, but it’s up to you to make the commitment to lose weight and lead a healthier life.
Lighten Up Georgia.com provides you with healthy diet suggestions and recipes, cooking and exercise videos, exercise tips, and local walking, running & health events and much more.
How do we win?
Weekly Weigh-ins: You and your teammates will submit your weight every Monday using your email address that you used to register for the challenge. You need to submit your weight at least once a month by the end of the month.
NOTE: Each person is responsible for submitting their own weight (If you wish one team member can submit weights for each team member)
Winners: The team/teams that lose the greatest percentage of weight will win.
We’re asking you to join us to make Our Community one of the Healthiest in America!
Lighten Up Georgia FAQ’s